- Journal of the Kitty

This is the journal of Vivacia Hoshi, an adventurous kitty in the world of Final Fantasy XIV. Find me in the deep woods of the Siren server and please enjoy these tales of my travels.

fredag 30 augusti 2013

New adventures killing stuff

I have mostly been doing quests with Vivacia. She had her 10th level birthday today! Yatta! She celebrated with a shower in this lovely waterfall.


I have noticed that a lot of quests are "kill 5 of this kind and run back". It's a bit underwhelming, story-wise. There was a cool event with the chick in red boots and her little lallafel friend and this sequence was actually voiced! But other than that, it's been a lot of standard running around killing 5 of each kind of creature that the world provides. When I see a new kind of creature I think "oh, lovely, I wonder how many of those I will be sent to kill?"

A bit of variation wouldn't have been the worst!

I also messed around with the graphics settings and de-pimped the combat graphics. I no longer look like a bloody fireworks factory when I shoot squirrels! Also, I updated my graphics routines, so hopefully the game will be a little prettier. I have a GeForce 650, it shouldn't look like vanilla WoW.

However, exiting the game to update my graphics routines... placed me in the tough situation of trying to get in again. Without a queue system. I keep getting the 1017 error when I try to log in. Try again later, buttface! Argh. Frustration.

Get the freaking server queue system up and running!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, I am in no way affilated with Square Enix and the opinions expressed in this blog should not be interpreted as being representative of the creators of the game nor even of the gaming community. If you don't like my opinions, get your own or go hump a giga sheep. Peace.